Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

Great is the Lord


Father,

Your faithfulness is great, O Lord. Your love and care for us is immeasurable. 

As for you, O Lord, you will not restrain
    your mercy from me;
your steadfast love and your faithfulness will
    ever preserve me!


Our enemies may be many, but you are greater and bigger and more powerful than our enemies. You are for us when others are against us. You watch over us when other dismiss. You straighten our path when sin overwhelms.

12 For evils have encompassed me
    beyond number;
my iniquities have overtaken me,
    and I cannot see;
they are more than the hairs of my head;
    my heart fails me. 


Yet we can come boldly to your throne, knowing your love and forgiveness awaits. That you are longing to wash us with your compassion, to direct our paths. May we learn to rejoice in this and cry out with a heart filled with gladness.

But may all who seek you
    rejoice and be glad in you;
may those who love your salvation
    say continually, “Great is the Lord!”


In Jesus' Name,

Amen

(verses taken from Psalm 40)

Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Stephanie....wonderful scriptures...God's Word is the best prayer ever.

    ReplyDelete

Add a comment or request for prayer here.