Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

The prayer of groans





Romans 8:26 (ESV)
Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words.

Psalm 5:1–2 (ESV)
Give ear to my words, O LORD; consider my groaning. 2 Give attention to the sound of my cry, my King and my God, for to you do I pray.


Lord, help me to know that when I feel I have no words to pray, I can pray.
Help me to know that You know what my needs are. 
You hear the deep groans and pain of my heart
You respond to my groans, audible or silent because You know all things.
Help me turn my groans into a posture of prayer, knowing that Your Holy Spirit intercedes for me.
Lord, help me realize that when I am weak, Your Power is made perfect.
Help me realize that when I groan in pain and despair, Your grace is more than sufficient*
Thank You, Lord, that You do not despise "the prayer of groans" because You can see that they are from the depths of my heart.

In Jesus' Name
AMEN

* 2 Corinthians 12:9

---
The best prayers have often more groans than words, and those words that it has are but a lean and shallow representation of the heart, life, and spirit of that prayer. (John Bunyan)



Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Paul. I just stared reading Pilgrims Progress in the modern English with illustrations. This is my second time through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your words of encouragement. I am glad that our spiritual journeys overlap in this way. God bless

    ReplyDelete

Add a comment or request for prayer here.