Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

Take my hands






Lord Christ, in your days on earth your hands were constantly stretched out to heal and serve and bless.
    We have hands similar to yours.
    What marvelous pieces of mechanism they are!
    What an endless variety of things they can do!
Throughout the day, from morning to night, we use them for a hundred different purposes, without even thinking of them, still less thanking you for them.
We pray that as our hands serve us so well, they may also be of service to others; and so we sing:

         Take my hands, and let them move
         At the impulse of thy love.


Frank Colquhoun, ed. (1989). Prayers for Today 


---
Take my life and let it be
consecrated, Lord, to thee.
Take my moments and my days;
let them flow in endless praise,
let them flow in endless praise.

Take my hands and let them move
at the impulse of thy love.
Take my feet and let them be
swift and beautiful for thee,
swift and beautiful for thee.

Take my voice and let me sing
always, only, for my King.
Take my lips and let them be
filled with messages from thee,
filled with messages from thee.

Take my silver and my gold;
not a mite would I withhold.
Take my intellect and use
every power as thou shalt choose,
every power as thou shalt choose.

Take my will and make it thine;
it shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart it is thine own;
it shall be thy royal throne,
it shall be thy royal throne.

Take my love; my Lord, I pour
at thy feet its treasure store.
Take myself, and I will be
ever, only, all for thee,
ever, only, all for thee.

Frances Ridley Havergal, 1836-1879


Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Paul. Love that song!! Will be singing it all day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your encouragement. I love that song too, especially when sung in the alternate tune

    ReplyDelete

Add a comment or request for prayer here.