Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

A prayer when doubting




Luke 17:5–6 (ESV)
5 The apostles said to the Lord, “Increase our faith!” 6 And the Lord said, “If you had faith like a grain of mustard seed, you could say to this mulberry tree, ‘Be uprooted and planted in the sea,’ and it would obey you.

----

Lord, I’m not sure anymore.
Are you really there?
Some days I’m as certain of you as I’m sitting here now. But at other times my faith wavers. It seems to be as light and thin as a piece of tissue paper.
There seem to be so many questions; the world is full of uncertainties. 
Why are babies born deformed? 
Why do innocent people suffer? 
Why is there so much injustice in the world? 
Why do police officers get killed? 
Why are there earthquakes? 
Why do planes crash? 
The list could go on and on, Lord …
Help me look beyond my lack of faith to you, to see the “bigger picture” of you.
Thank you that I do have faith that is small, even though it seems to be as small as a grain of sand. Even though that is so tiny, may that be built on today.
“Lord, I believe a little; help me to believe more.”
Amen.


Martin Manser, (2018). A Book of Prayers 


Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment or request for prayer here.