Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

let your love be made full in me ...

I love the words to this Godspell chorus ...
Day by day
Oh Dear Lord
Three things I pray
To see thee more clearly
Love thee more dearly
Follow thee more nearly
Day by day
They remind me of this prayer by Anselm of Canterbury ...
I pray. O God, to know thee, to love thee, that I may rejoice in thee.

And if I cannot attain to full joy in this life may I at least advance from day to day, until that joy may came to the full. Let the knowledge of thee advance in me here, and there be made full.

Let the love of thee increase, and there let it be full, that here my joy may be great in hope, and there full in truth.

Open the eyes of my heart Lord that I might see you more clearly.

Amen

Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment or request for prayer here.