Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

a prayer of mourning



Father,

You are the God of all comfort, the God who brings peace to hearts, the God who has compassion on us. You are a great and powerful God, who knows every hair on our head and every thought in our minds. You know us intimately, O God. For you love us that much.

Today we lift up those who've lost their loved ones in the tragic shooting at the Tree of Life Synagogue. Hold them close, Father.  Help them grieve, wipe their tears, and give them strength.

Death was never part of Your plan, and persecution of others because of their race is not Your will, either. We acknowledge that all people are made in your image, O Lord, and worthy of our respect and love. We pray for all those who harbor hatred in their heart. May they soften towards all that they hate; transforms their lives and hearts to be more like You. 

For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them. (Psalm 139:1-6)

In Jesus' Name,

Amen

Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment or request for prayer here.