Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

Weary Prayers

Turn, O Lord, deliver my life;
save me for the sake of your steadfast love.
For in death there is no remembrance of you;
in Sheol who will give you praise?
I am weary with my moaning;
every night I flood my bed with tears;
I drench my couch with my weeping.
My eye wastes away because of grief;
it grows weak because of all my foes.
(Psalm 6: 4-7)

This passage is a follow-up to the one yesterday that spoke to brutally honest prayers. I think that there are seasons of weeping.. times when life is difficult.. days when we need to cast our cares on the Lord and trust Him with our weariness and worry.

We lift our worries to you Father.. our cares.. our tears.. our moans.. our lives. Like the psalmist we ask you to deliver our lives. We confess that it is difficult to trust You today.. we commit our weariness to you and ask for help.

Amen


Please visit The Prayer List and pray with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment or request for prayer here.