Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

Brutally Honest Prayers

O Lord, rebuke me not in your anger,
nor discipline me in your wrath.
Be gracious to me, O Lord, for I am languishing;
heal me, O Lord, for my bones are troubled.
My soul also is greatly troubled.
But you, O Lord—how long?
(Psalm 6:1-3)

I love Psalm 6 because it is so honest! I love how David tells God in brutal fashion how he is in pain of body and soul.. he asks God to not be angry with him for speaking to Him this way. I am slowly learning how much God wants this type of honesty from me. I confess that it is sometimes difficult to interact with Him in this fashion because I think that it is a bit disrespectful. In truth this kind of honesty is very respectful.

Father, like David in this psalm I am asking you how long.. how long will my heart ache for my disabled wife? Be gracious to us, O Lord, for we are weary.

Amen


Please visit The Prayer List and pray with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment or request for prayer here.