Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

Prayers as Incense

And when he had taken it, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb. Each one had a harp and they were holding golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints. (Revelation 5:8)

In this majestic picture of heaven we get a divine view of our prayers. Yesterday I spoke of prayer as an offering. Again we see this idea as prayer is spoken of in this way. In the Old Testament incense was used on the altar as a means of worship. As we pray a beautiful aroma of worship is released in heaven.. our prayers.. even the unanswered ones.. are beautiful to God.

I am amazed when I think of this aspect of my prayers Lord. Once again I come to you asking for you kingdom to come.. your will to be done.. and heavenly incense to be released.

Amen


Please visit The Prayer List and pray with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment or request for prayer here.