Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

The Return?



Therefore, He said: “‘Engage in business until I come back.’ 
Luke 19:12-13 (HCSB)

Lord Jesus I do not know when you will return, but I do know you will. And I want to be doing those things You expect me to be doing when You return. The business I believe You expect me to be engaged in first is: nourishing my relationship with You, my wife, my children, Church and friends. 

The second, I believe you expect me to be doing is taking care of my body as limited for me as that may be. Lord you graciously remind me: "19 Don’t you realize that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? You do not belong to yourself, 20 for God bought you with a high price. So you must honor God with your body." 1 Cor. 6:19-20 (NLT) 

The third thing I believe You expect me to be doing when You return is being a faithful witness to the truth and power of the Gospel. As salt: "Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how you ought to answer each person. Col. 4:6 (ESV) As light "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. Matthew 5:16 (KJV) 

Father, today may or may not be the day when Jesus returns but, help all of us believers to be joyously engaged in Kingdom business until that day does come. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment or request for prayer here.