Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

THE HIDDEN PERSON OF THE HEART





 I Peter 3:3-4  "Your adornment must not be merely external ~ braiding the hair, and wearing gold jewelry, or putting on dresses, but let it be the hidden person of the heart with imperishable quality of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is precious in the sight of the Lord."

Dear Heavenly Father, as I read and meditate on this passage, I realize you are not saying I should have bad hair, not dressing nicely, or wearing jewelry.  That is just the out side.  That is temporal, and will all fade away.  You are concerned for my heart attitude.  Help me to think more about my gentle and quiet spirit, and spend more time cultivating those characteristics than being so concerned about my outward appearance.  Father, I want to please you on the inside and outside too.  I love You.  Amen.

****Billy Graham was once ask if women should wear makeup....I loved his answer.

"Even an old barn looks better with a coat of paint."   God want's us to look nice, but he's more concerned with our hearts.









Amen

Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment or request for prayer here.