Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

Praying Psalm 22

My God, my God, how often I feel that you have you forsaken me.. many days you seem far from saving me.. my words are filled with groaning. O my God, I cry by day, but you do not seem to answer, and by night, but I find no rest.

Yet you are holy.. yes you are Lord.. enthroned on the praises of your people. In you the faithful have trusted; they trusted, and you delivered them. To you they cried and were rescued.. in you they trusted and were not put to shame.

But my soul suffers and seems to be scorned by the enemies of my soul who mock me saying things like “He trusts in the Lord; let him deliver him; let him rescue him, for he delights in him!”

Yet you are he who imagined me from the womb.. you have caused me to trust you.. for many years you have been my God.

Be not far from me, for trouble is near, and there is none to help. Health problems engulf me at times and cause me to fear.. my soul is troubled.. my joints are arthritic.. my heart trembles.. my strength is dried up.. I have a hard time putting words to my pain.

The enemies of my soul seem to encompass and encircle me.. they inflict deep wounds on my soul and they gloat over my pain.

But you, O Lord, please do not be far off.. manifest yourself in my life! O you, my help, come quickly to my aid! Deliver my soul from the sword, my precious life from the power of evil dogs! Save me from the mouth of the enemy! Lead me not into temptation.

I will confess your name to my brothers.. in the midst of the congregation I will praise you: You who fear the Lord, praise him! All you in God's family, glorify him, and stand in awe of him, all you offspring of Abraham!

Thank you Lord that you have not despised or abhorred my affliction and have not hidden your face from me, but have heard me when I cried to you.

From you comes my praise before those who fear you! I know that the afflicted shall eat and be satisfied.. those who seek you shall praise you! May our hearts live forever O God!

I pray that all the ends of the earth will turn to you Lord, and that all the families of the nations will worship before you. For kingship belongs to you Lord, and you rule over the nations.

I ask that all the prosperous of the earth eat and worship and before you bow. May our posterity serve you.. may the gospel be told to the coming generations.. and may they come and proclaim your righteousness to a people yet unborn.

Your kingdom is forever O God.. may your kingdom come today!

Amen


Please visit The Prayer List and pray with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment or request for prayer here.