Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

Praying Psalm 17

Hear me when I have a just cause, O Lord; attend to my cry! Give ear to my prayer when my heart is free of deceit! From your presence let my vindication come! Help me not to be obsessed with avenging or defending myself.

For you have tried my heart, you have visited me by night, you have tested me, and you know me like no other. I have purposed that my mouth will not transgress.. hear that prayer Lord.. keep my lips from sinning.

With regard to the works of man, by your word I purpose to avoid the ways of the violent. My steps desire to hold fast to your paths because you are able to keep me from slipping.

I call upon you, for you will answer me, O God; incline your ear to me; hear my words. Wondrously show your steadfast love, Savior of those who seek refuge from the adversaries of their souls.

Keep me as the apple of your eye; hide me in the shadow of your wings, from the wicked who do my soul violence, deadly enemies who surround me.

The wicked close their hearts to pity; with their mouths they speak arrogantly. They have now surrounded our steps; they set their eyes to cast us to the ground like a lion eager to tear, ss a young lion lurking in ambush.

Arise, O Lord! Confront the wicked, subdue them! Deliver my soul from the wicked by your sword, from men by your hand, O Lord, from men of the world whose portion is in this life. You fill their womb with treasure; they are satisfied with children, and they leave their abundance to their infants.

As for me, my desire is to behold your face in righteousness and to awake and be satisfied with your likeness.

Amen


Please visit The Prayer List and pray with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment or request for prayer here.