Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

HOW SWEET THE SOUND



How music fills the heart and prepares us for worship, thanksgiving and prayer.  I find praying the words of the old hymns, I learned as a child, have been a source of strength, truth and encouragement.  Join me in praying this old hymn, "My Hope is Built on Nothing Less"  (Edward Mote, 1834)

My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus' blood and righteousness;
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly lean on Jesus' name!

On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand,
All other ground is sinking sand;
All other ground is sinking sand.

When darkness seems to hide His face,
I rest on His unchanging grace.
In every high and stormy gale,
My anchor holds within the veil.

His oath, His covenant, His blood
Support me in the whelming flood;
When all around my soul gives way,
He then is all my hope and stay.

When He shall come with trumpet sound,
O may I then in Him be found,
Dressed in His righteousness alone,
Faultless to stand before the throne.

Holy and Righteous Father, what security we find in the truth of this old hymn.  You are the Solid Rock, You are the Anchor of our soul.  Without You, we would be sinking sand, but because of Your unchanging grace, and the truth of  the Word of God, You are our hope and stay.  Amen.

Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment or request for prayer here.