Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

a prayer for grace when we lack




Lord,

All treasures of wisdom and truth and holiness are stored up in our boundless being. Grant that through our constant fellowship with you, those graces of Christian character may more and more take shape within me:

The grace of a thankful and uncomplaining heart;
The grace to await your timing patiently and to answer your call promptly;
The grace of courage whether in suffering or in danger;
The grace to ensure any hardship in the fight against evil;
The grace of boldness to stand up for what is right;
The grace of being adequately prepared for any temptation;
The grace of physical discipline;
The grace of truthfulness;
The grace to treat others as I would like them to treat me;
The grace of sensitivity, that I may refrain from hasty judgment;
The grace of silence, that I may refrain from thoughtless speech;
The grace of forgiveness toward all who have wronged me;
The grace of tenderness toward all who are weaker than myself;
The grace of faithfulness in continuing to desire that you will answer these prayers.

Amen

(Written by John Baillie, from A Diary of Private Prayer)
 
Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment or request for prayer here.