Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

"



"..... if it is God's purpose for you to undergo pain,..." 1 Peter 3:17 (BBE) 



"Embrace it" is what she said, my dermatologist. I have a rash that is symptomatic to old age. I guess it  comes with the territory.   Some rashes can be medically helped and sometimes with natural medicine. But my diagnosis is "There is no cure at the present time."  I know that pain is a challenge and grace is a gift to enable me to embrace the challenge. What is good enough for the Apostle Paul ought to be good enough for me.

2 Corinthians 12:8-9 (ESV) 
8 Three times I pleaded with the Lord about this, that it should leave me. 
9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 

Dear Father, you know I hate pain. It is such a nuisance, distraction and misery. And yet I know that through pain your goodness, will, and glory can be revealed in astonishing ways. And that is what truly matters. "For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison,"  2 Corinthians 4:17 (ESV) 

So Father, by your grace and strength I will embrace it and rejoice in what you see fit to accomplish through it. But I do pray with the Psalmist:  "Give ear, O LORD, to my prayer; listen to my plea for grace." Psalm 86:6 (ESV) 

Thank you Father that: "I can do all things through him who strengthens me." Phil. 4:13 (ESV) 

In the name of Jesus who suffered so much and willingly for me. Amen!



Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment or request for prayer here.