Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

Peace in the Storm


“..I will trust, and will not be afraid...” 
Isaiah 12:2 (ESV) 

Mark 4:37-40 (ESV) 
And a great windstorm arose, and the waves were breaking into the boat, so that the boat was already filling. 38 But he was in the stern, asleep on the cushion. And they woke him and said to him, “Teacher, do you not care that we are perishing?” 39 And he awoke and rebuked the wind and said to the sea, “Peace! Be still!” And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm. 40 He said to them, “Why are you so afraid? Have you still no faith?” 

Father it appears that the storm did not cause the disciples fear but rather exposed their lack of faith which resulted in them being afraid. The storm was great, their fear was great and the calm was great.  

Father like the disciples we face fierce storms in life that sometimes come without warning. In those stressful experiences in which we have no control we need the peace Jesus spoke of in John 14:27 "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you.... Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid." 

I am so thankful Father that we don't need to wait till the storm is over to have peace. Rather in the midst of the storm, while it rages around us, You give peace as we trust You. Your promise is real and powerful. "You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you."  Isaiah 26:3 (ESV) 

Father may we have the conviction and confidence of Isaiah: “Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and will not be afraid; for the LORD GOD is my strength and my song, and he has become my salvation.” Isaiah 12:2 (ESV)  

In the name of Jesus who is our peace, Amen.


Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment or request for prayer here.