Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

a prayer for weakness and strength



Lord,

I never pray for You to make me weak.

Yet Your word tell me that Your power is made perfect in weakness (2 Cor. 12:9) and that You gives grace to the humble (James 4:6).

There is strength in this weakness. So may I not be afraid to ask for it. Give me the courage to lean into, Father. 

And remind me of the strength You also provide. For Your word says You will strengthen and help us (Isaiah 41:10) and that YOU are our strength (Isaiah 12:2

My weakness allows Your strength to show through even more, so I am a vessel for You to use. For as my weakened self is shown as powerful beyond comprehension, the world sees and knows it cannot be of me, but only of You.

So, Lord, make me weak.

And may I look to Your strength always (2 Chronicles 16:11) and not try to do it in my own.

Amen
Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment or request for prayer here.