Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

give me Your eyes, O Lord





Gracious and merciful God, You have searched me and You know me. You know the depths of my heart and all the parts of me that I don't see and don't want to see. You see the parts of me, good and bad, that I am blind to and struggle to be honest with myself about.

When I am slow to see my sin, I am quick to see the sin in others. I am far slower to see the Imago Dei in others, failing to see their good, failing to see their need. Give me Your eyes to see others. Give me your ears to hear their hurt and pain. Give me Your heart to empathize with their situations, give my your head to know what I can do to help. 

Give me Your Spirit's direction to serve where I am needed to serve, go where I am needed to go, and love where I am most needed to love.

Amen
Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment or request for prayer here.