Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

WHEN I SURVEY THE WONDROUS CROSS



"When I survey the wondrous cross
On which the Price of glory died,
My richest gain I count but loss,
And pour contempt on all my pride.

See, from His head, His hands, His feet,
Sorrow and love flow mingled down;
Did e're such love and sorrow meet,
Or thorns compose so rich a crown?"*

Holy God, what a price You paid to redeem my heart.  Loving Christ, what a sacrifice You made to forgive my sins!  Precious Spirit, what a gift You have to inhabit my life!  Teach me the joy of a heart that worships You with this passion ~~"Were the whole realm of nature mine, That were a present far too small: Love so amazing, so divine, demands my soul, my life, my all."  Dear God, help me to know it and to live it ~~by the grace of Your wonderful cross.  In the name of the One who loved me enough to take my cross.  I love You.  Amen.



The Path of His Passion - Bill Crowder
*When I survey the Cross ~ Isaac Watts






Amen

Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment or request for prayer here.