Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

A Lenten Reflection

Gracious God,

Thank you for the gift of today.
Refresh me. Invite me to discover your presence
In each person that I meet
And every event that I encounter.

Teach me when to speak and when to listen
When to ponder and when to share.
In moments of challenge and decision
Attune my heart to the whisperings of your Wisdom.

As I undertake ordinary and unnoticed tasks,
Gift me with simple joy.
When my day goes well, may I rejoice.
When it grows difficult, surprise me with new possibilities.

When life is overwhelming, call me to Sabbath moments
To restore your Peace and Harmony.
May my living today reveal your Goodness.
Amen.
– Sister Pat Bergen, C.S.J.

Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful prayer, Bob. Now that we have a new cardiologist, my dearest is getting the medical attention he needed. This frees me up to spend a little more time on the computer. I do love reading the prayers and taking them to heart. Thanks Bob!

    ReplyDelete

Add a comment or request for prayer here.