Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

Suffering with a Purpose




Job 36:15 (NLT)
     But by means of their suffering, he rescues those who suffer. For he gets their attention through adversity.


Father you get our attention in suffering. You refocus our attention with suffering. You reward our attention by deliverance from suffering.


So then we may say with the Psalmist: “My suffering was good for me, for it taught me to pay attention to your decrees.” Psalm 119:71 (NLT)


And we can more sincerely pray: “Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. 24 Point out anything in me that offends you, and lead me along the path of everlasting life.”  Psalm 139:23-24 (NLT)


Thank you Father for your plan that surpasses our understanding but accomplishes your purpose for us in our suffering. For we know: “…..our present troubles are small and won’t last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever!“ 2 Corinthians 4:17 (NLT)
Amen

Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment or request for prayer here.