Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

Prayer in Time of Illness

Lord Jesus, you came into the world
to heal our infirmities
and to endure our sufferings.

You went about healing all
and bringing comfort
to those in pain and need.

We come before you now
in this time of illness
asking that you may be the source
of our strength in body,
courage in spirit
and patience in pain.

May we join ourselves more closely
to you on the cross
and in your suffering
that through them
we may draw our patience and hope.

Assist us and restore us to health
so that united more closely
to your family, the Church,
we may give praise and honour to your name.

Amen
... an anonymous prayer offered at Beliefnet

Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

5 comments:

  1. What a good prayer. So much healing is needed, physically, mentally, etc. etc. Lord heal us all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true Wanda. Most mornings I arise with a healing prayer on my heart.

      Delete
  2. As a believer (Born-again )you may know that you're saved by grace & we are healed by grace!!! Jesus already paid the price ....Believe and receive !!! 2 Corinthians 12:9 “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. I will not forget any of his benefits !!!! Victory is Yours .... Jesus won the battle in the grave. Let your faith rise with the word of God. Thank you Lord Jesus for your sacrifice, We are redeemed from destruction !!! I pray who ever needs healing right now I am with you in agreement for you to be healed , in Jesus name I pray, Amen!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pati. Not sure I needed the pep talk but I appreciate it.

      Delete
  3. Pep talk was meant for me for healing . Thank you for your prayer !

    ReplyDelete

Add a comment or request for prayer here.