Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

Christian Suffering



2 Timothy 4:5 (NLT)
     “….. Don’t be afraid of suffering for the Lord….”

1 Peter 4:16 (NLT)
     “But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by his name!”

Father, perhaps as followers of Christ, we need to consider again the theology of Christian suffering.

Jesus said: “… the gateway to life is very narrow and the road is difficult….” Matthew 7:14 (NLT)

He also challenged the crowds that were following him: “If any of you wants to be my follower, you must turn from your selfish ways, take up your cross daily, and follow me.Luke 9:23 (NLT)

Father help us to understand the power and influence Christian suffering has and it’s transforming affect even on those hostile to the gospel like Saul of Tarsus. And may we learn as he did that your grace is sufficient for every situation.
 
Somehow Father we may emulate Paul’s response to his suffering for Christ: “I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me. 10That’s why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong.” 2 Corinthians 12:9-10 (NLT)

Therein Father is the glory of the cross, the power of the gospel and the joy of Christian Suffering.

Amen

Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment or request for prayer here.