Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

A PRAYER FROM SAMUEL


I Samuel 3:8-10  The Lord called Samuel a third time, and Samuel got up and went to Eli and said, "Here I am, you called me."  Then Eli realized that the Lord was calling the boy.  So Eli told Samuel, "Go and lie down, and if he calls you say, 'Speak, Lord, for your servant is listening'".  So Samuel went and lay down in his place.  The Lord came and stood there, calling as at the other times, "Samuel, Samuel."  And Samuel said ~ "Speak, for your servant is listening."



Dear Lord ~ when you speak to me I often fail to listen, and when I hear, I don't understand, and when I do understand I often fail to obey.  The clamorous world around me obscures Your voice.  Lord I pray for the wisdom of Eli who knew it was Your voice calling.  Oh Lord, help me when I hear your voice calling me, I will answer like Samuel ~  "Speak for your servant is listening."  I love You.  Amen.


Speak, Lord, in the stillness
While I wait on Thee;
Hushed my heart to listen
In expectancy

Speak, O blessed Master
In this quiet hour;
Let me see Thy face, Lord
Feel Thy touch of power.
~May E. Grimes (1920-)

image from googleimages.com

Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment or request for prayer here.