Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

thursday: eight

You shall not steal

Everyone does it… I deserve it… no one will notice… what’s fair is fair. O Lord, the many ways we fool ourselves! When will we be content? When will we respect? When will we love?

When the clerk forgets to charge me, when there’s wiggle room in the “allowable” deductions, when I waste someone’s time, when I take more credit than I deserve, when I present another’s ideas as my own, I am as guilty as Madoff. Like a thief in the night. Yes, guilty I am.

Thank you Jesus for being all that I need. Through your grace, there is nothing I shall want.

Show me the way, O Lord. Teach me your path. Guide me in the truth. Change me from the inside to one who is content… one who respects… one who loves.

Amen
Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment or request for prayer here.