Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

thursday: ten

You shall not covet your neighbor’s house. You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, or his male or female servant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor.

I do covet, O Lord. Often for things I neither want nor need. Simply things I see. Things that I do not have. That I do not control.

Not satisfied by the abundance of gifts you have provided, I hunger for more. Fleeting desires, without respect, that simply lead to regret. Regret for how I have disrespected neighbor. And turned my back on you.

For you have provided everything I need, and for that you deserve thanks and praise. All thanks and praise to you, our heavenly Father.

Let each of us lead the life that the Lord has assigned. In whatever state or condition we were called, let us there remain with God.

Amen
Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment or request for prayer here.