Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

The Best Prayers Often Have More Groans than Words




The Best Prayers Often Have More Groans than Words  

Psalm 5:1–2 (ESV)
1 Give ear to my words, O LORD; consider my groaning. 2 Give attention to the sound of my cry, my King and my God, for to you do I pray.

Romans 8:26 (ESV)
26 Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words.

Heavenly Father

There are times when I am so troubled and burdened that I don't know how to pray. I don't know what to pray. Help me realize that You understand what I am going through. Help me know and believe that in times like these my groans and sighs to You are accepted as prayers.

Help me to know that my groans are not only accepted, they are precious to You because they are acts of dependence and trust in Your love and grace. When I am weak You are always strong and are willing and able to help.

Help me to realize that the Holy Spirit who lives in me intercedes in prayer for me.

In Jesus Name

Amen



Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment or request for prayer here.