Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

CHOICES




Puritan Prayers ~ The Valley of Vision

O God, though I am allowed to approach thee
I am not unmindful of my sins,
I do not deny my guilt,
I confess my wickedness, and earnestly
plead forgiveness.

...Thou has done for me all things well,
hast remembered, distinquished, indulged me.
All my desires have not been gratified,
but thy love denied them to me, 
when fulfilment of my wishes would have
proved my ruin or injury.

My trials have been fewer than my sins,
and when I have kissed the rod it has fallen
from thy hands.

Thou hast often wiped away my tears,
restored peace to my mourning heaart,
chastened me for my profit.
All thy work for me is perfect and
I praise thee.

Amen

image from googleimages.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment or request for prayer here.