Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

for healing a sick soul

Oh, Lord, my soul is sick with hurt and anger. Holding on, like I am, to the memory of the pain inflicted on me is keeping me trapped in a dark place. I can almost see the heavy chains around my hands and feet, bolting me in the very situation that caused my shame.

Help me to stop reliving the moments of hurt. Cover me with your healing. Give me your strength to forgive. Give me your eyes to see those who hurt me the way you do. Heal me of my unforgiveness and free my spirit to trust and love again.

In your mighty name, amen.
-prayer by Lia Martin at crosswalk.com   

Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment or request for prayer here.