Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

JESUS THE SERVANT



"Jesus, knowing that the Father had given all things into His hands, and that He had come forth from God and was going back to God, got up from supper, and laid aside His garments and taking a towel, He girded Himself.  Then He poured water into the basin, and began to wash the discipes feet and to wipe them with the towel with which He was girded."

Dear Jesus, my Lord and Teacher, as you humbly washed the feet of Your disciples, I glimpse a portent of the greater humiliation to come, when You will be crucified for all humanity.  Even thought You possessed the very nature of God, You claimed nothing for Your own advantage but emptied yourself, taking the form of a slave.  As the Son of Man destine for divine glory, You came to serve and give Your life as a ransom for many.  With your disciples I hear You call to imitate You in humble servanthood.  O Master, teach me to serve You gratefully by washing the feet of my brothers and sisters.  Help me to worship You by giving myself to serve others.  I love You.  Amen.


The Path of His Passion
Worship Bible




Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment or request for prayer here.