Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

GIVE ME A TENDER HEART



"O Thou who Thyself art everlasting Mercy, give me a tender heart today towards all those to whom the morning light brings less joy than it brings to me:
Those in whom the pulse of life grows weak;
Those who must lie abed through the sunny hours:
The blind, who are shut off from the light of day:
The overworked, who have no joy of leisure:
The unemployed, who have no joy of labour:
The bereaved, whose hearts and homes are desolate:
And grant Thy Mercy on them all.

O Light that never fades, as the light of day now streams through these windows and floods this room, so let me open to Thee the windows of my heart, that all my life may be filled by the radiance of Thy presence.  Let no corner of my being  be unillumined by the light of Thy countenance.  Let there be nothing within me to darken the brightness of the day.  Let the Spirit of Him whose life was the light of men rule within my heart till eventide.  Amen."


A Diary of Private Prayer, by John Baillie














Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment or request for prayer here.