Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

God is on our side

Most gracious and loving Father,

We come before you today thankful you are the God of peace, the  God of love, the God who fights for us. You are on our side, oh, Lord! What a joy! What a surety! Thank you for being good, kind, generous, just, powerful, and faithful. You are sovereign over all and always present with your people.

As many prepare for the Thanksgiving this week, we acknowledge that there is often much pain and hardship during the holiday season. It can be so easy for us to forget who you are and your love as the things of this world overwhelm us. Father, we pray over the challenges of difficult family dynamics, over loneliness and despair. Please cover these with your peace, that passes all understanding. 

Help us to love these family members who hurt us, and to be kind to ourselves as we are hurt by them. 

O God, be not far from me;
    O my God, make haste to help me!
13 May my accusers be put to shame and consumed;
    with scorn and disgrace may they be covered
    who seek my hurt.
14 But I will hope continually
    and will praise you yet more and more.
15 My mouth will tell of your righteous acts,
    of your deeds of salvation all the day,
    for their number is past my knowledge.
16 With the mighty deeds of the Lord God I will come;
    I will remind them of your righteousness, yours alone.
 (Psalm 71: 1-3)


Amen

Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing this beautiful prayer. I know that holidays are a sad time for many people. I am thankful that the Lord is close by my side all the time.

    ReplyDelete

Add a comment or request for prayer here.