Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

I Will Remember You!!!

Psalm 42:4 (NLT)
     My heart is breaking as I remember how it used to be: I walked among the crowds of worshipers, leading a great procession to the house of God, singing for joy and giving thanks amid the sound of a great celebration!

I remember how it used to be…..”

Father thank you for memories of worshiping You which were so filled with joy, gratitude and celebration. They were and are highlights of life that provide lasting encouragement and hope. Remembering family and friends as we shared together in singing, praying, listening to your Word and greeting each other with love and deep affection.

It reminds me of the model of celebration in heaven: “….you have come to Mount Zion, to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to countless thousands of angels in a joyful gathering. 23 You have come to the assembly of God’s firstborn children, whose names are written in heaven. You have come to God himself, who is the judge over all things. You have come to the spirits of the righteous ones in heaven who have now been made perfect. “Hebrews 12:22-23 (NLT)

Father when I think of what worshipping You has meant to me and the effect of celebrating Your love, grace, and mercy, it is at times overwhelming. I never want to stay in a place of “I remember how it used to be…..” but rather to remember the Psalmist when he said: “Why am I discouraged? Why is my heart so sad? I will put my hope in God! I will praise him again my Savior and my God! Now I am deeply discouraged, but I will remember you…”  Psalm 42:5-6 (NLT)

Yes Father, I will remember You!!!
Amen

Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment or request for prayer here.