Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

Choices to Live by (PATIENCE)

Galatians 5:22-23 (NIV)
     22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control.



“I CHOOSE PATIENCE. I will overlook the inconveniences of the world. Instead of cursing the one who takes my place, I'll invite him to do so. Rather than complain that the wait is too long, I will thank God for a moment to pray. Instead of clenching my fist at new assignments, I will face them with joy and courage.” Max Lucado

Father, I am impressed, a little amazed, and somewhat envious and maybe a little amused at what Paul wrote to Timothy, particularly in relation to his patience. ”But you, Timothy, certainly know……my patience.” 2 Timothy 3:10     

Father I am afraid I would have to write “you certainly know my impatience.” But I pray that this wonderful fruit of the Spirt, patience, will so influence my life and behavior that you will be honored and others will see your grace at work in me. Yes, Father, today I choose patience.

In the name of Jesus who has been so patient with me.
Amen

Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment or request for prayer here.