Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

HOME

Luke 9:58 (TLB)

   But Jesus replied, “Remember, I don’t even own a place to lay my head. Foxes have dens to live in, and birds have nests, but I, the Messiah, have no earthly home at all.”

Father, how strange it is that he who created a home for the human race found no home among the human race. And of course I am reminded of Luke 2:7 (NIV) “…she gave birth to her firstborn, a son. She wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn.”

No home, no room for the creator of the universe except among the animals in a stable. And yet Father what an incredible way to demonstrate that Jesus did not come for the luxury of human wealth but for the love of personal relationship. “…that though he was rich, yet for your sake he became poor…..” 2 Corinthians 8:9 (ESV)
The home Jesus sought riches can never build because he seeks the home in the heart where there is room for him. Father how moving it is to consider what the Apostle Paul wrote: “Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him.” Ephesians 3:17 (NLT)

And Father I would like to repeat this song as a prayer, written many years ago from the heart of Emily Ellicott, which I affirm today with deepest gratitude.
 
     “O come to my heart, Lord Jesus, There is room in my heart for Thee.”

Amen

Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment or request for prayer here.