Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

Hope and prayer





Dear God,
    I am full of wishes,
    full of desires,
    full of expectations.
    Some of them may be realized, many may not,
    but in the midst of all my satisfactions and disappointments,
    I hope in you.
    I know that you will never leave me alone
    and will fulfill your divine promises.
    Even when it seems that things are not going my way,
    I know that they are going your way
    and that, in the end, your way is the
    best way for me.
    O Lord, strengthen my hope,
    especially when my many wishes are not fulfilled.
    Let me never forget that your name is Love.
    Amen.


Nouwen, Henri J. M. 2006. With Open Hands. Second revised edition. Notre Dame, IN: Ave Maria Press.



Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment or request for prayer here.