Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

A prayer to be filled with the Spirit.




Ephesians 5:18 (ESV)
18 And do not get drunk with wine, for that is debauchery, but be filled with the Spirit,

Galatians 5:16 (ESV)
16 But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh.

Galatians 5:25 (ESV)
25 If we live by the Spirit, let us also keep in step with the Spirit.


Lord, I ask that Your Spirit fill me today.  I want to be filled with the Spirit so that I may experience Your love, presence, and guidance in everything I do. 

I want to walk by the Spirit so that I will not gratify the desires of the flesh that displease you and hurt You. I do not want to give in to the desires of the flesh like sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, and orgies.

Rather, I want to experience the fruit of the Spirit in my life. The fruit of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. 

I want to live by the Spirit, and keep in step with the Spirit!

Grant my desire to be filled with Your Spirit

In Jesus' Name, I pray.
Amen.





Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment or request for prayer here.