Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

LIVING BY PRAYER

The Valley of Vision

O GOD OF THE OPEN EAR ~

Teach me to live by prayer as well as by providence, for myself, soul, body, children, family, church; 
Give me a heart frameable to thy will; so might I live in prayer, and honour thee, being kept from evil known and unknown.
  
Help me see the sin that accompanies all I do, and the good I can distil from everything.
Let me know that the work of prayer is to bring my will to thine, and without this it is folly to pray.
When I try to bring thy will to mine it is to command Christ, to be above him, and wiser than he:  this is my sin of pride.

I can only succeed when I pray according to thy precepts and promise, and to be done with as it pleases thee according to thy sovereign will.

Teach me that it is wisdom to pray for all I have, out of love, willingness, not of necessity; that I may come to thee at any time, to lay open my needs acceptably to thee.

Prayer from The Valley of Vision (Puritan Prayers)
googleimages.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment or request for prayer here.