Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

Lord, teach me to pray





God, grow my capacity to see you for who you really are. 

Help me see your power, love, and wisdom in such a way that my heart feels toward you like a young child who looks up in awe to his father's abilities. 

Cause me to be more affected by your stunning presence, person, and plans than I am by the brokenness of this world. 

Help me to look at my problems with your resources in view, my failures with your gracious love, and my fears with your calming presence and unstoppable promises. 

Help me walk in childlike faith throughout this day. 

Cause my heart to say with the psalmist, “Our God is in heaven and does whatever he pleases,” and at the same time, that it pleases you to do what’s best for us (Psalm 115:3, Romans 8:28). 

    Amen.


Slightly edited from a prayer by Jed Coppenger, J. in 21 days to childlike prayer: changing your world one specific prayer at a time. Harvest House Publishers.



Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment or request for prayer here.