Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

a prayer to walk humbly

Father,

I must admit, I'm not a fan of being humble. But I am also not a fan of when my pride gets out of control. All day I can proclaim that You require us to "act justly" and to "love mercy" ... but if I'm honest God, I cannot do those things unless I am also walking humbly with You.

I thank you for Your hesed love for me, the only kind of love that enables me to fight the sin of my pride so that I can walk humbly with You. 

 Lord, remind me that in my own strength to act justly and to love mercy ends up being for my own gain, and not for Your glory. 

Teach me to desire a humble walk with You. Turn my heart toward a place of surrender that shows Your face, Your love, Your character, to each person I encounter.

Amen.

He has shown you, O mortal, what is good.

     And what does the Lord require of you?

To act justly and to love mercy

    and to walk humbly with your God. (Micah 6:8)

 


Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment or request for prayer here.