Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

a prayer for extending the kindness of God to others


But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared,  he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior, so that, having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life.
 Titus: 3-4-7 

Dear Heavenly Father,

I praise you for being so gentle, kind, and patient with me. You don't love me to the degree I love others; you love me to the degree you have hidden my life in Christ, which is completely. This Good News is my peace, my hope, and my joy. 

This kindness is always the basis for my repentance. Even as your kindness continues to lead me to repentance and leads me to more of Jesus, so I repent, Father. I repent of lingering resentments. Of withholding kindness, of holding on to hurts, and of not being quick to forgive as you have forgiven. 

 May I learn to rejoice in the grace you give to others, and not just in the grace you give to me. As I sit in the truth of your grace, Lord, show me the ways to extend this grace to others so that I may proclaim your glory. 


Amen
Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment or request for prayer here.