Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

The Blessing Bag


“Your basket and kneading bowl will be blessed.”

Deuteronomy 28:5 (HCSB)

How many times when we take out a bag of garbage do consider that we are carrying out a blessing bag. When I think of how many flavors of food I have eaten and the delicious tastes of such homemade dishes it tantalite’s my desire and expectations for more. Well do I remember sick days when I couldn’t even taste the food I was eating and no hunger motivated me with any desire for a menu of any kind? In my illness I forgot the blessing bag. But, OH……… when the taste buds revived and the smell of cooking fragrances reached the sense of my nose, what a delight.

I appreciate how David and his men were satisfied with the generous provision made for them and the joy they surely experienced as spoken of in 2 Samuel 17:28-29 (NLT) 28 They brought sleeping mats, cooking pots, serving bowls, wheat and barley, flour and roasted grain, beans, lentils, 29 honey, butter, sheep, goats, and cheese for David and those who were with him. For they said, “You must all be very hungry and tired and thirsty after your long march through the wilderness.”

Thank you Father for creating me with the wonderful ability to see colors, hear music, smell flowers, taste food and touch others with compassion and love. “Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it.” Psalm 139:14 (NLT)

Thank you Father for The Blessing Bag. Amen.




Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment or request for prayer here.