Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

Witness

“You are witnesses that I am the only God,” says the LORD.”

A witness is a person who has knowledge, observation, and experience about a person or event in which he or she was personally involved.  They honestly tell the truth about the event or person. The value of their testimony is based on their integrity and clarity in relating factual evidence of what they saw or encountered. In this context it is both astonishing and humbling that God has called believers to be His witnesses. Isaiah 43:10-12 (NLT)

     10 “But you are my witnesses, O Israel!” says the LORD. “You are my servant. You have been chosen to know me, believe in me, and understand that I alone am God. There is no other God— there never has been, and there never will be. 11I, yes I, am the LORD, and there is no other Savior. 12 First I predicted your rescue, then I saved you and proclaimed it to the world. No foreign god has ever done this. You are witnesses that I am the only God,” says the LORD.

 Father what an honor you have bestowed upon us to share with others the uniqueness of your existence, nature, character and salvation. Salvation planned by the Father, purposed in the Son and powered by the Holy Spirit. As Jesus said: “But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you. And you will be my witnesses, telling people about me everywhere—in Jerusalem, throughout Judea, in Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”   Acts 1:8 (NLT)

 Dear Father our witness for you has such infinite value because “There is salvation in no one else! God has given no other name under heaven by which we must be saved.” Acts 4:12 (NLT)  And “Now all of us can come to the Father through the same Holy Spirit because of what Christ has done for us. Ephesians 2:18 (NLT)

Father help us to joyfully, humbly and with courage be faithful witnesses of your salvation granted to all who will believe in your Son and our only Savior, Jesus. Amen!





Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment or request for prayer here.