Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

Saturday Silence






Psalm 62:5 (ESV)
      5  For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence, for my hope is from him.


Heavenly Father, as I mediate on the emotional and mental state of the Apostles and disciples, I am inclined to feel their disillusionment, despair and dread. Their King was violently murdered, their hope was brutality crushed, and their fear of immanent death overwhelmed them. John 20:19 (HCSB) “In the evening of that first day of the week, the disciples were gathered together with the doors locked because of their fear of the Jews…..”

Father, I understand and appreciate Saturday’s Silence, as I along with others experience circumstances beyond the expression of words. Thank You that by our trust in You we have a quiet and calming hope that gives us peace in perilous times, such as with this coronavirus, that is affecting so many. We ask for help, healing and hope for the whole world. With the Psalmist I pray: Psalm 103:1-4 (CSBBible)
    1 My soul, bless the LORD, and all that is within me, bless his holy name.
2 My soul, bless the LORD, and do not forget all his benefits. 3 He forgives all your iniquity; he heals all your diseases. 4He redeems your life from the Pit; he crowns you with faithful love and compassion.

In the merciful and compassionate name of Jesus. Amen



Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment or request for prayer here.