Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

coming back to you

Lord, I sometimes wander away from you. But this is not because I am deliberately turning my back on you. It is because of the inconstancy of my mind.

I weaken in my intention to give my whole soul to you. I fall back into thinking of myself as my own master. But when I wander from you, my life becomes a burden, and within me I find nothing but darkness and wretchedness, fear and anxiety.

So I come back to you, and confess that I have sinned against you. And I know you will forgive me." Amen

... a prayer of Aelred of Rievaulx, English monk (1110-1167)

Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment or request for prayer here.