Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

create in me a pure heart

Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. -Psalm 51:10

Father,

I want to be pure in heart and I know I am not always that way. Please continue to reveal in me all the things that are impure – as you’ve shown me my judgmental nature and my sometimes feelings of spiritual arrogance. I am so sorry and I repent. Help me to be a reflection of Jesus as I learn and grow. To look at myself only, instead of sometimes looking around at my fellow believers, frustrated and wondering why people don’t get “it”. And the “it” varies – sharing Jesus, suffering with each other, reaching out to the poor.

Create in me a pure heart O God. Let my passions and convictions be totally for Your work in me.

In Jesus’ Name
Amen
- a prayer from my friend Jill Hollis

Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment or request for prayer here.