Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

I Come to the Cross




“He himself bore our sins…”
1 Peter 2:24 (ESV)

Lord Jesus, I am startled and astonished by that statement. “He himself bore our sins…”  I can hardly think the thought or utter the words: “He himself bore our sins…”

I cannot lift my head or raise my eyes to behold such an unspeakable sight. I can only respond as another sinner: “…the tax collector stood at a distance and dared not even lift his eyes to heaven as he prayed. Instead, he beat his chest in sorrow, saying, ‘O God, be merciful to me, for I am a sinner.’ Luke 18:13 (NLT)

Such mercy reaches beyond our need. It is the love that defies dimension. Lord Jesus enable us to “…. know this love that surpasses knowledge-- Ephesians 3:18-19 (NIV)

And Lord Jesus I think of the song with such appropriate words: “I come to the cross seeking mercy and grace. I come to the cross, where you died in my place. Out of my weakness and into your strength, humbly, I come to the cross. Your arms are open. You call me by name. You welcome this child that was lost. You paid the price for my guilt and my shame, Jesus, I come to the cross.”  Written by Bob Somma and Bill Barstone

Lord Jesus, thank you for bearing my sin and bringing forgiveness and healing to my soul.
Amen.





Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment or request for prayer here.