Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

Prayer written by Dietrich Bonhoeffer while in prison in 1943


Hebrews 13:3 (NLT)    Remember those in prison, as if you were there yourself. Remember also those being mistreated, as if you felt their pain in your own bodies.

“O God
Early in the morning do I cry unto thee
Help me to pray
And to think only of thee
I cannot pray alone
In me there is darkness
But with thee there is light
I am lonely, but thou leavest not
I am feeble in heart, but thou leavest me not
I am restless, but with thee there is peace
In me there is bitterness, but with thee there is patience
Thy ways are past understanding,
But thou knowest the way for me.”

Father, as we come before the Throne of Grace, we thank you that in our darkness you give light. In our despair you give hope. In our loneliness you give comfort.  In our fear you give assurance. In all the aspects of life you give us Yourself.

Thank you Father, in Jesus name.

Amen

Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment or request for prayer here.