Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

Contentment

Philippians 4:10-13 (ESV)
     ”I rejoiced in the Lord greatly that now at length you have revived your concern for me. You were indeed concerned for me, but you had no opportunity. 11 Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. 12 I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. 13 I can do all things through him who strengthens me.”


Father, thank you that contentment does not come from what I have in life but what I have in Christ. Thank you Father that He is our peace in every circumstance, our sufficiency in every need, and our strength in every trial.

Thank you Father for the truth of 2 Corinthians 9:8 (ESV) “….God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that having all sufficiency (or all contentment) in all things at all times, you may abound in every good work.”

Thank you Father for Steven J. Cole’s reminder that: “The secret for contentment in every situation is to focus on the Lord--as our Sovereign, our Savior, and our Sufficient One.”

 In the name of Jesus who truly is our all in all.

Amen

Please visit The Prayer List and pray with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment or request for prayer here.